Thursday, August 31, 2006

Life - A Multi-Act

This is not the best of times... While the world may be fighting over larger things, my own little battles go on....for what is life without those?

No one has claimed life to be easy....but I now believe that life is as easy as you want it to be or as complicated as you want it to be....of course, if you have the luxury of a premier business school education, you are doomed for you are now destined to do a 2x2 framework for everything...

Which brings me to the long discussions I have had with 2 of my very good friends about the line between taking a rational decision (the MBA one) and the one about listening closely to the inner voice...especially wrt career, jobs and the way forward. I have personally gone through those times when I did my own share of analyzing to the nth degree whether I should do this or not....havent regretted it yet...even today I am making some decisions which for an outsider would seem irrational but to me it feels right....both the folks I talked to did not agree with me fully about feeling right....

The way I see it, end of it all, this Act will end and the next one will begin. So enjoy the time while you are in it......and dont worry, you will still reach the next act in good shape....this way or that way...It's difficult to feel this way all the time for me too (after all I am part of the 2x2 crowd...)

It is but no wonder that Shakespeare is so great...
'All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi bibs

interesting post - does it mean ur changing jobs / careers ?

or just getting married ?

btw can u add me to ur linkedin ?
Joey from australia

Bibs said...

so perceptive..my friend..neither..but generally one of those times...