Thursday, March 17, 2005

Technology - Too much at times

As I read this post on Camera phones from Kaps another thought comes to my mind.

Can there be something called 'too much technology'?

I mean, today if we are going on a field trip or vacation, we could possibly have a mobile-PDA-media player, laptop, memory sticks, digital cameras, camcorders, gadgets to make all of these talk to each other. It's such a maze. Sometimes I think, why cant life be a little simpler and mind you, I am not a complete techno-ignoramus (for want of a better word)

I am wondering if at some point people will just say 'I have had enough of this'. I am going on a technology-free vacation. Kind of brings to a point I raised some time ago with my colleagues.

Is there a market for resorts which go with the tagline 'We keep you away from technology?' and charge a bomb for these resorts?
I have a feeling that in 5-10 yrs (or maybe sooner), we probably will have such an audience.

2 comments:

Kaps said...

Bibs,

There might be a market for such a low-tech or no-tech resort. Why don't u start one in God's own country.

Bibs said...

In fact, it would seem an African safari is probably as close to this already