Thursday, July 27, 2006

Pondering thoughts...

Like any other engineering B-schooler, I also keep saying that I should have listened more in my OB class. The only thing I remember from my OB class is the Johari Window, a pretty neat framework about understanding yourself and others. Today when my work involves managing people, this is becoming more important. However that is not the point of this post....

Last week, a friend of mine made a perceptive comment on my nature. While I always knew that in my mind,it started me off thinking. I mean, there are these snippets of your own nature that you always know deep in your mind, that could be your greatest fear which you hope people wont find.......you tend to find your own 'protection mechanism' to mask those fears...some stay aloof from people when it surfaces...apparently mine is to just talk a lot without conveying anything....

Therefore bringing me back to the Johari window.....it is apparent that each of us have a blind spot....how big that is is the question...when somebody suddenly sheds light on this area which you have been blind or pretending to be blind to,I guess it does shock you a bit....

Have been thinking about all this for quite a bit now...no answers yet...but I guess if life were that simple, then you would not need to attribute the screw-ups in this world to a much larger power....Maybe I AM becoming old....

Really need to get out of Bangalore......

No comments: