Sunday, June 26, 2005

Big Brother

I do not know too many Indians who actually buy original DVDs. So I guess any news of the great companies bringing in new standards of DVD is always interesting. But this news that I saw in Wired about how a research is happening where the consumer is expected to add his/her fingerprint or iris scan as an RFID tag to the DVD while purchasing is the height of crazy use of technology.

I mean, if I need to play my DVD on my DVD player, I might have to put in my fingerprint.
I know this will probably never take off but the thought is scary. They keep talking about 'Big Brother' is watching. There will soon come a time when we cant move a muscle without someone in the world knowing or tracking it. These are the times when I wish we did not have to deal with so much technology. It would have made life more simple.

1 comment:

Kaps said...

technology should make people's life easier...not the other way round.