Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Reality Catches Up

Now that the aura of Spain has died out, there is now a lot of action happening. The action of uncertainty. I have heard a lot of people talk about they being asked to go back to India due to some cost cutting measure decision taken somewhere else. So it looks like me is going to be the next casualty.

Not that I have too much of a problem working from India, it's just that the effort of relocation is quite something. So now I have started creating checklists for the travel back home. Of course, in Germany, it is doubly more complicated with the language barrier.

Now that I dont even have a home in Bangalore to go back to, I guess it is also going to be a start from scratch for me. I am hoping to make this a good opportunity to evaluate my options. But the most that I want to do for the first 3 months is to chill out.

I guess this is something that will keep coming up. Life takes a turn in the least expected manner at the least expected time. But I guess our greatest strength is to adapt ourselves to the changes thrown at us. However, what I do find amusing is the way different people react to this relocation exercise.

Around me, I can see people who are trying to come to terms with having to live in India after long stints in Germany. I have always been of the attitude...'if I have to go, I go back...what's the big deal?' I guess this is the closest I have come to being laid off. :) It might be worse for these folks who have been here longer. Thankfully I have not been here so long to have a feeling of losing out on something.

Anyway all this has led to 'me' being the only thing of interest in my life now. :) I am not even able to spend enough time to read all the blogs or sites that I like.

1 comment:

Ram C said...

Take your time to settle down in your mind, bibs.. before you move on to varoius blogs.