Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Are we in America?

I am now convinced that we are becoming a proxy for America.

We have these monstrous malls with a frenzy of consumerism on credit...We have debates on TV about whether Aishwarya Rai should have worn an Indian designer dress to Cannes...Now, we have the stock market doing a see-saw with 1000 pt drops and rallies....on the other side, we have sting operations...we have report cards on govt coming out...we have citizens protesting otherwise ill-thought out policies..it's all happening here in india...

Just add a not-so-bright leader at the top and I think it will be complete...i am sure we can find quite a few of them in government...

I know ppl will start saying I am not talking about the 'other side' of rural India & BPL families...no I am not talking about them....I am just talking about us spoilt city folks..

No comments: