Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sneak Preview

Satyam Cinemas in Chennai are bringing for the first time in India a 'Blind Movie'. This is a concept where you go into the hall not knowing the movie name. I think this is the first time I have heard this implemented in India.

I was a very regular follower of this concept when I was in Munich. There it was called 'Sneak Preview'. The only thing we knew was that it would be a new movie premiered for the first time.

I guess I have had 75% success in this way. 25% of the movies have been real rotten. But it is a real cool thing to do. The anticipation of knowing what movie it is, is something really cool.

I dont think any of the Bangalore theatres have started this concept. I think given the number of vela people in Bangalore, I am sure this will find enough takers.

Is anyone listening???

2 comments:

Kaps said...

do they have an option of returning the money if people don't like the movie?

Bibs said...

that's the fun part. sometimes getting disappointed but most of the time feel good. In fact the price for this show were lesser. We used to put odds on what movie would be shown....