Thursday, March 30, 2006

91.0 FM

One of my earlier posts was about energy levels of people where I mentioned how these rock concerts are such peaks of energy. I think one of the toughest jobs on hand requiring sustained energy levels is that of a RJ. Like any other Bangalorean who spends enough time on the roads (for more details, just keep watching CNN-IBN with its 'Eye on Bangalore' series), Sunaina, Darius and Vasanthi have become household names. The thing about these folks is the sheer energy that they carry in their voices.

Be it scripted or otherwise, it still is amazing just trying to pump in 'josh' in people through their voices. I am sure the millions of Radio City listeners are thankful to these folks. Darius with his dry wit, Vasanthi for her cheerful Good Mornings and Sunaina with all the josh in the evenings. (Not really a great fan of the others)

Just wondering if these folks would have been as good on television. Radio with its facelessness has its charms and really depends so much more on the personality of the RJ. But Television, I guess doesnt allow so much of that 'naturalness' that we hear from RJs...but then I have no clue about it really...

RC with all its 'Appukuttan Nair' and 'One and half Altaf' is good fun. But sometimes I do miss the music. I remember in 2001 and 2002 period, RC used to put such great English music especially Retro. Well, that I guess is another post.....

No comments: