Monday, March 20, 2006

Celeb ads

How do companies take advertising decisions? The latest in the saga is of King Khan endorsing Compaq laptops. I am not sure ad agencies or companies are getting it right. I cant think of too many brands that have been helped by the celeb endorsements and disappointing that my firm has joined the group.

Khan says 'In the 21st century, desktop PCs are not only a boon for professionals but also a useful aid in children's education. I have seen computing add tremendous value to me, both at work and at play - inside the home and on the move. I am a technology buff, my latest passion is playing games on my laptop, which is really addictive'. Man, isnt that such a powerful reason for endorsing....dude, just talk about the 7 crores you got...

But I think SRK is having the final laugh....
Full Story...

On that note, I think Aamir Khan has done a decent job. Not too many endorsements and the ones he has taken up, keeping with his image. I love especially the Toyota Innova one which I think was perfectly Aamir.

No comments: