Sunday, January 14, 2007

Another part of me....

I was thinking about multiple personalities and split personalities and how it impacts people. Is there a split personality in all of us which we may limit to certain settings and forums?

I think blogging in many cases could be a manifestation of this 'other side' of the person. I could be a very extroverted kind of person but my blog could be a reflection of the introverted side of me or vice versa. The side that I would want to keep away from the 'social image' that I carry amongst people.

In some ways, a lot of my blog posts have been in some sense, 'melancholic' which may not be the image I usually carry... (of course I could be completely wrong in how people perceive me..the Johari window, they say)

Maybe different people have different ways of harnessing and managing the other side of them. Is that why we hear about people who could be introverted in a social offline setting but are really the 'dude' when they take on an avatar online.... (Rediff Bol's shady TV commercial comes to mind...)

While I was discussing this with a friend about how a blog could reflect the anti-thesis of what you are normally....she brought the idea of this being like a personal diary....possibly...but a blog is in some ways a little different too...you still do want a few people to read and understand what's going on in your mind and respect you for that...whatever said and done, it does sometimes help build perspective within yourself...

No comments: