Tuesday, April 19, 2005

In a Sitcom

Have you ever felt that you are part of a comedy sitcom as you sit through some of the meetings in office? I think far from being a drab boring place, the office can be really a funny place sometimes especially when virtual meetings happen.

Me was part of this meeting where about 90 people were joining from all over the world. As it always happens, if not planned well, can quickly turn into a chaotic situation. So anyway, here I was, sitting and listening to people offering suggestions about how to run the meeting so much so that the only thing we could hear being said was 'I cant see the screen' or 'How do I connect?' all after 15 min of the meeting starting...

Then of course, you have the heavy breathing sounds on the phone and the poor presenter trying to maintain some semblance of sanity and asking people to go on mute. I had just watched the original 'Office' series from BBC a few weeks back. I could really get where Ricky Gervais got his inspiration from.

For me, this was the most hilarious meeting I have ever been in. It was so funny that I felt I had to make a post about this.

1 comment:

Kaps said...

Imagine a situation if u are asked to chair such a meeting. what will the others think?